Sunday, September 14, 2008

Team Kailyn's walk for a cure is one week from today!!

If you have not already donated and would like to do so you can click on the link to the right that says walk for a cure and it will bring you to my page. I am already in awe at the generosity of everyone. It means so much that so many care about Kailyn and finding a cure for her (and everyone else that suffers from this annoying disease). It has been 6 weeks and we are starting to finally adapt (I think). Numbers wise she is all over the place still. 50's to almost 300's today. We don't freak at the numbers. They are what they are and we treat accordingly. If she had Keytones then we would be worried. We are getting use to that this is the way it is going to be (unpredictable) and may be for years no matter how hard we try. We just need to keep plugging away.
Last week was really hard. Kailyn has not felt good (lots of pain) and some of it is stomach pain. It freaks me out because then I wonder what else she may have?? I did not feel well on top of it.
Hopefully this week will be much better. Today was the first day Kailyn did not complain of pain all day. She is done with the antibiotics so hopefully that will help. She was also VERY full of energy.
We did nothing all weekend. The only thing we did was go and get Grammie and Grandpa's car at the airport. Kailyn did her homework and I sorted through winter clothes and washed them (actually still doing this) because it is starting to get colder here. Sam made his mazes and played elaborate make believe things with Kailyn. I had Seth do most of the Diabetes care because he does not do very much during the week (is not here) and I want to keep him on top of this game.
I did not get everything done I wanted to this weekend, but I feel ready to take on the week and whatever God chooses to give us for challenges. (Just pray that there are not as many challenges as last week) lol

No comments: