Wednesday, November 19, 2008

We had a good two week run.

Where Kailyn had pretty good stable numbers, was not ill and made it through school all week. That ended Monday. Its ok though. I expect it and as the Doctor tonight pointed out. Diabetics have to fight the viruses off harder. We had a waffle incident on Monday, where the kids ate bad waffles. Both got sick simultaneously. They were bad waffles and all seemed fine by the afternoon, although Kailyn's numbers were all over the place. Don't ask me how we got bad waffles. I really don't know. I just know that we are getting a bunch of coupons in the mail to replace them because I called the company. The blood glucose numbers were the same yesterday 60-470 and she said her throat was scratchy. The nurse and I new something was brewing because the last time her numbers were as high as they are now she got sick.

I got the call late this afternoon that she could not stay in class and was laying on the bed in the clinic. She was crying basically the whole afternoon over things that normally don't bother her, wanted me to hold her and by 5 was asking to go see the doctor so we went. She has white patches all over her throat, but the test came back negative. The doctor said to wait a week. I will wait until Monday at the latest. They put diabetics on antibiotics regardless if it has been a week. Right now she is in my bed and will stay there. She went low early the other night and that stresses Seth and I both out. I wrote the teacher an e-mail and will get her work to work on next week. She has the whole week off. Kailyn was sitting next to me and was reading the letter as I typed. I had to help her with a few words and she had me add a line in for her. "staying up late makes me grumpy and tired".

Besides being sick Kailyn seems to be doing a lot better psychologically. She loves her new routine and is still making a list a MILE long for Santa. She still wants money for Boston too. She can NOT wait until Christmas so she can get the American girl doll. Nanie got her the Kit movie to get her even more hyped up and we got an American girl magazine in the mail for her to drool over. Her and Sam now get on all the toy websites and pick out toys for themselves. They get the addresses from the flyer's and get on themselves. Kailyn and I have fun on the American girl website playing games and on Facebook playing Tetris. She wants me to beat everyone on there.:) The kids are learning a lot about how much things cost and that Santa has a budget. Sam yells at me when I tell him he has to pick three and can't have it all. Kailyn says, "then you can get it" and I let her know that she will be lucky if she gets 3 things on her list.

Kailyn was begging Grammie to make her a dress for Thanksgiving a few days ago. A little too late and I let her know that it was not going to happen. I could tell that Grammie wanted to at first, but she agreed and they decided to start working on a design for Christmas. Kailyn is now all excited about that. She also can't wait for it to start to snow. I could do without the snow this winter. We got plenty last winter. We are going to try and have a play date with old friends. This will be the first since diagnosis so Kailyn is excited. Unless she is throwing up they are coming. My friend never cares if they are sick and brings her kids over anyway. LOL
Overall Kailyn is getting older. She likes cool clothes, older kid toys and getting on the computer. We have a lot of fun chatting about these things, but she also still wants her Mommy and loves to cuddle :)

No comments: