Monday, December 1, 2008

We had a great Thanksgiving

The kids had a lot of fun going to Nanie and Grampa's house and playing with their cousins. They also got to see Kyleigh and Graham a little more over the weekend. They both were healthy the whole week. (Kailyn had the week off) Sam now has a cold and Kailyn is developing it. Hopefully it won't slow Kailyn down. It has not slowed Sam down. :)

The Christmas craft frenzy has begun. Kailyn whipped through all the crafts in the house that she could last week. She made ornaments, painted ornaments, put up the tree and made a gingerbread house. I held her off from decorating the house in full force. She wants me to make a wreath(I told her to ask Grammie lol) and she currently has us working on making construction paper garland. (I bought the paper today and I am trying to hold her off) I decided that I am going to just let them decorate the tree however they want. They are the ones that enjoy it the most, so why not?

Sam is really into drawing and writing his name lately. The bare walls in his room are his favorite place to do this. Thankfully, we have washable markers so it is easy to get off, but I hate erasing his creations because they are so clear and big. I get excited. I never thought I would be excited about my children drawing pictures and writing their names on the wall. We talk about how we just write on paper all the time and I think he is starting to resist the urge, but I have also kept track of the markers and pens a little better lately.

Kailyn and Sam suffer from licking hands and spoon syndrome. If you receive a baked or made item from us make sure you ask me if it is contaminated or not. I try to let them do their own little batch because they just can't resist themselves, particularly with the butter. I tell Sam not to lick, have him repeat it and then I turn around and he is licking butter. He knows he should not and you can see that he knows it in his face, but the urge for the butter on his tongue is just too strong.

We made a Gingerbread house (don't worry, the gingerbread was store bought, I am not that ambitious) and both kids licked their fingers continuously. It was the last "baking" project for the weekend and most people won't eat the candy off of Gingerbread houses, except for my kids. I have to keep track of Kailyn sneaking the candy off. I can see that they are doing it because broken frosting is all around the house. Gingerbread houses are not great to have with young diabetics in the house, but I am determined to not change too much about the holiday's. We just make sure we do the eating on her schedule, which thankfully is every two hours. I decided that baking in the middle of the afternoon is the best because Kailyn has some free carbs then. She needs every free carb she can get because of all the licking. I guess I need to stop writing because Kailyn just brought construction paper up to me. :)

Below are a few pictures from Thanksgiving.






No comments: