Saturday, February 21, 2009

Gallbladder

Apparently, I have stones in mine. This week I started to get pain that was in the typical front area, but it also permeated to the back and I thought I might have an ulcer so I went to the hospital. The hospital sent us (My MIL and I) away because they said if my primary was already treating me they could not do much, so I called my primary and got in that day. I had an ultrasound done yesterday (the next day) and there were a bunch of small ones that were near the opening to the duct and this is what has been causing me pain. All these months I thought it was anxiety and it was gallstones. I am not sure what the course of treatment will be, but from what I read it might be surgery unless I want to wait it out with the pain. I won't talk to my doctor until Monday though because he is not there until then. I was hoping it was just an antacid med change that needed to be done, but oh well. Maybe they can fix this and I won't have this pain that I have had for months anymore.

No comments: