Monday, September 6, 2010

School has started. Labor Day has come and almost gone.

     Both kids like school and are starting to settle into their new routines. Kailyn's anxiety has calmed down and the Type 1 Diabetes management routine seems to be going smoothly. Two days without any calls at all!! Third grade is a lot more mature than I remember it being. Kailyn has already been introduced to YouTube via her music teacher (I consented, but did not realize what I was consenting to, if that makes ANY sense. LOL) and her parent handbook talks about weapons, drugs and bullying.  She wanted me
to read her the handbook, but I changed the subject. If something of that nature comes up we can talk about it then. (This is when I question, Should I home school her?) lol

     Sam LOVES school.  He is going to Kindercamp before his pm session a few days a week so he can do some unstructured play before Kindergarten. Kailyn still asks me to home school her when she is low and if
she is not feeling well. She tells me the reason she wants me to home school her is because she misses me.(awe) Not a good reason. LOL If she ever comes up with a good reason than I am totally open to it. Regardless, she happily got all of her things organized and ready for back to school tomorrow.

There are a lot of other things going on:

     I finished the girls room and Keira has moved in.  Her stuff is not, but her bed and body are.  She did great the first night, but tonight I had to rub her back a bit. Nothing in the grand scheme of things. I think she was upset that we were making her go to sleep and she could not talk to Kailyn anymore.




     Sam turned 6 on Friday. We went to Jokers for the first time ever (I avoided it for 8 years) during a time when most kids are in school. Gorham had Friday off so it worked out well.  I can't imagine what that place is like with a packed house and never want to find out.



     I am in the process of staining the front and back decks. What a Pain in the BUTT!!  I have already spent 5 hours doing it and don't even feel like I have touched the surface.  I am one of those people that likes to get a project done in a day because you NEVER know when I will get back to it.  Hopefully we won't have half finished stained decks for a few years.  (no pics yet)

     Here are the kids having some last minute summer fun with the pool while we were taking it down. They are not allowed to do this when fully inflated because all of the water can come out completely if you lean to one side by accident. LOL


     So to recap: Friday Sam's birthday Jokers am, Cake/Presents pm. Saturday cousins in the am and then rest for the remainder of the day. We were all wiped out. Sunday paint/finished girls room and moved Keira in, took the pool down. Monday stained the front entrance deck for 5 hours. Both Keira and Kailyn were acting either tired or sick. Could not tell.  Not a Labor less holiday weekend, but a productive one. :)

No comments: