Friday, June 20, 2008

Kailyn is a First Grader!!

Officially!! Yesterday was her last day of being a Kindergartener. She is absolutely thrilled!! I on the other hand am not. I am sitting here wondering where all this time is going and how I can slow it down. ;) Don't get me wrong. I am proud of the little girl she is turning into, but I am now in shock with the fact that she will be gone all day long at school next year. She got a wonderful report card and was thrilled with the fact that she received a ton of 4's on it (you can get anywhere for 1-4 for grades) This was the first time she had even acknowledged or understood the fact that she got a report card. Last night she was organizing her workbooks and talking about how she had to work in them all summer so that she would be ready for first grade. She also made books about what first grade would be like. She keeps asking me when we will shop for her first grade supplies as well. When I tell her August she gets a frown on her face. She certainly has a zest for learning!! :)

No comments: