Thursday, June 26, 2008

Water FUN!

We got a pool. It is one of those 12x36 blow-up pools. Perfect size for the kids. I had one of similar size growing up and we had a blast in it so I hoped it would be a hit with my kids too. It is! I needed something to keep the kids occupied this summer and I don't want them to miss out on typical summer fun. Going to the beach is out of the question during the week. Too much for me to take a 6 month, 2 year, 3.5 year and 6 year old on that sort of adventure yet.
Kyleigh has been in too, but I just dunk her in and jump up and down for a few minutes and then she is "shaken", as she says, so she is not in it too long. Graham sleeps in the shade in the stroller while the kids splash in the pool. When the little ones go down for a longer nap the kids get in the pool again.
Seth and I will be getting in it too when it gets a little warmer (or the air gets hotter). The kids have to get out frequently because their bodies turn purple from the cold water fast.
Here are some pictures of the kids having fun.






1 comment:

Nanie said...

Loved the pictures of the kids in the pool. I know you kids loved your little pool.That should help tire them out!
Love, Mom