Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Cheerleading

Was a hit
There were at least over 50 girls there.
She was still begging to show me the cheers she had learned as she walked up the stairs to bed.
Gorham does not have any teams for her age and they are thinking
of making one next year and she was begging me about it.
So watch out everyone!! She will want to cheer for you and has two weeks
until the next practice to get those cheers down!! 
She is recovering from a sinus infection (when Kailyn is miserable, we all get to be) and her blood glucose numbers have been really high.  They are doing testing at school, which she does not seem to mind, but I am curious how she does when she is high and producing trace amounts of ketones. In the past she has not done well at all.

I cut Sam's hair again today. It came out ok as usual (lol) and we need to buy scissors so I can fix it up before picture day next week.;)  I figured out that he is actually learning in school.
He has memorized some sight words. So YAY for learning.  He misses some work when he is pulled out for Title One for Math and Reading, but I do it with him at home.   He loves spelling words on his buzz lightyear game every night before bed after we read. I hope it is helping him with letter recognition.  It will be interesting to see where he stands when we go to conferences at the end of this month. If he is way behind we will be requesting testing for Special Education. He still has is Autism dx.

Keira did three things today that made me feel so much better and melted my heart.  She gave me one of her sloppy kisses again (my Mom calls them cave kisses) AND a high five.  Her motor planning is definitely off, but it IS there. She can not consistently give high fives, but she knows how to do it and can when her body will let her.  I know that she understands what I say, but it seems like her body can't do it. Sometimes she even shakes her head no (like no, I am not doing it or can't do it) She was also army crawling all over the place today.  Something I have not seen in over a week.  All of this despite the fact that she has a miserable cold.  Her seizures have disappeared when she is drowsy/sleepy, which is also a change from last week.  So sort of progress. As a friend has said "deep breaths".  She has appointments for independent evaluations for speech, OT and PT with CDS and a private therapy group for this month and for a feeding clinic at Maine Med. This all happened today. This on top of her big appointment next Tuesday. Can you say "head spinning"? 

Seth wonders why I am always so tired at night. I really don't like giving him a play by play of my day and we just talk about highlights or whatever else is on our minds.  When he asks again I think I will ask him to look at my blog. (I don't think he ever has) Maybe he will get it then?? ;)

1 comment:

Naniejohns said...

One time when Dad asked me what I was doing all day.
I told him I was skipping around throwing daisy's.
Nana's favorite answer was nothing to write home about.
Men!
Glad the kids are doing so good. I will have to cheer with Kailyn LOL