Thursday, October 28, 2010

"Where's the Beep?"

We now have two pumps in the family. An insulin pump and a feeding tube pump. Both beep at various times and sometimes even at the same time.  I find myself saying quite often, "Is that you or Keira beeping Kailyn?"  If Kailyn beeps, it could be because she is doing various things with her pump. Whether it be testing, bolusing, eating,  has a low reservoir or low battery.
If Keira beeps, it is usually because she has no formula left or has a kink in her tubing. Kinks in her tubing are the most annoying part of the whole thing right now. We are SOOO happy she is not having seizures with eating and drinking anymore, but she moves around a lot and by the end of the day the tubing is quite a mess and she beeps constantly. I even showed Kailyn how to pause, untangle and restart so I don't have to get up so much. LOL  Hopefully we can move on to bolusing during the day soon so she can roam free.  She is supposed to wear her cute little back pack on her, but it is about a 3rd of her weight, so instead I just let her drag it when she doing her little army crawl. I need to get a picture or video. It is so cute. :)

No comments: