Thursday, November 4, 2010

Kailyn and Sam

Kailyn loves Cheerleading, Scrapbooking club, Chorus, Her brother and Sister, Crafting/Painting and Playing with friends.

Sam loves Soccer, Watching TV, Kindercamp, Raking Leaves (doing outside work), Riding his Bike, Doing projects that Kailyn does and Playing with friends.

They both LOVE playing with their cousins and had a blast with them on Halloween.

They had an iTouch that lasted a week because I upgraded to an iPhone 4......until Sam spilled water on it. Kailyn's School is collecting old iPhones in order to compete for a grant, so I will send it there tomorrow.  This is why my children can not own electronics. They kill them with water.  It's ok with me that they are the only kids without computers, video games, Wii's or DSL's.  Save's money :)

Kailyn asked for an American Girl again this Christmas that she will not be getting. She wants them every year at Christmas and then never plays with them all year. I need to take us off of the mailing list. The catalog this year is exquisite and makes me want to get a just like me doll too. ;)

Sam wants a remote control car as usual. He gets one every year and ends up destroying it in one way or another. Both want some sort of Spy car they have seen on TV.  It amazes me at how early Christmas gets every year. I went into Target and Old Navy today and both were decked out for the Holidays already.  So, Christmas now lasts for 2 months out of the year. Wonder if they will have Christmas and Halloween candy side by side next year?

In my opinion, both kids are doing great socially and academically at school. They have academic "standards" in Gorham that they want the kids to meet, but the standards keep getting higher every year. If Sam had gone to Kindergarten when Kailyn did he would be meeting the standards for Reading right now. He struggles more with Math. If he went when I went to school he would not be getting Title 1 services.  Kindergarten is the new first grade. I don't get letter flash cards sent home to work with him, we get sight words sent home to memorize. He also reads a ton of books to me.  I am pretty proud and happy with how far he has come. He absolutely LOVES school and gets very annoyed on the days that he does not go to Kindercamp in the morning. (He is pm Kindergarten)  I work with him for about an hour on the two days he does not go. During the entire 3 hours he has to wait to go to school he asks, "how many more minutes till I go to school?" at least 20 times. Wonder how long that will last.;)  His teacher said at his conference that he was a "Joy" to have in class.  I wish they behaved as well at home as at school. ;)

Kailyn is a Math whiz. She does great with Reading. She loves the Box Car children books and Ramona right now.  She has trouble with Spelling. I think I had the same words she has in third grade in high school. lol  Seth and I asked her tonight if she ever learned what vowels were and she said "huh?"  We said, "You know,  A, E, I, O, U and Y?" She just looked at us with a quizzical look on her face. SO, I am going to go old school on her and teach her vowels like we were taught. It's worth a shot. :)

We have to decorate a family Turkey Poster for Sam's Kindergarten class this weekend and hopefully will get to relax. I want to finish painting the deck and I am sure Seth will be begging me to rake the leaves when the Patriots game is not on. ;)

Here are pictures of the kids doing things they love.







No comments: