Saturday, January 15, 2011

Just because she is so darn cute.

I happened to run into a pair of new, returned, double runner ice skates at Target before Christmas. They were size 10 and $5.23 on clearance.  I want both my niece and nephew to learn to love to skate like my kids are. I called Nanie to see if I should make the purchase and she confirmed that Kyleigh was a 10 and go ahead. This was at 10pm, well past my sisters bedtime. We have an outside rink about a mile from us. It is a fun and free activity in Maine. Today was Kyleigh's first day at it and she did great. She seemed to have fun. She really wanted to wear a pretty ice skating dress and do twirls and tricks, but begrudgingly put on the get up that Aunt Didi put her in.(She would have ferociously protested with her Mom) She had been over to play before we went and got some clothing wet. She happily hopped in the car and the rest is history. Kyleigh is now an ice skater :)


Skating into her mother's arms like a princess
 
 Working on it.
 The Ice Skating Gang- Minus Nancy Kerrigan (aka Kelly)
 ALL DONE

Next Up! Graham!! :)


No comments: