Thursday, March 8, 2012

In a Sing Songy Voice

Kailyn-"I have a poof like Snooki"!  Me turning my head quickly. "Where did you hear about her? K-"I saw her on Cake Boss" (PG) One of her favorite shows she is allowed to watch. She also learned about the fist pump in that episode. I have seen it and it was fine.

Kailyn has been trying out new hair styles. Earlier this week it was a pink hair streak with glitter. We went to snip-its to get their hair cut (Her and Sam) and I owed it to her from a LONG time ago. Nothing I am allowing on a regular basis. She apparently got a lot of compliments on her pink/glittered streak (Including teachers), which did not help with me telling her it had to be washed out.(which she did do).

She got her hair feathered like all the other girls in the school. (Not the 80's type of feathered. An actual small hot pink fake feather) But, looked a little too Cyndi Lauperish for my liking today. She was so proud of her hair style that she did all by herself (a modge podge of a back pony tail, with the feather and the front of her hair hanging down. It was tucked behind her ears so her earrings would show) and her outfit. Maybe it's the growing up and finding her own style thing that bothered me more. She did not look bad, just old!! I liked when I could lay out her adorable little dresses and tights to wear without her contesting my choice. Like she never had an opinion. ;)

On the other hand, she did ask me, "I thought Snooki was the one that was voted the sexiest woman alive?"-Haha  Oh the joys of trying to keep your tween naive. lol

No comments: