Friday, December 31, 2010

"I wonder if 2011 will be boring?"

These were the words out of my husbands mouth last night. I paused for a minute and wondered what boring meant and thought to myself: "Oh, he meant no major anythings!"   My answer: "If we look at the last 3 years the percentages are not on our side. Lets hope for normal, whatever that is?"

Bad major things the last three years (............. means I'm not telling you! lol)

Autism Diagnosis
Type 1 Diabetes Diagnosis
......................
......................
Gall bladder surgery
Unplanned Pregnancy (Such a blessing that I could not imagine life without)
.......................
.......................
----------------
Birth of our third and last child, which led to....
Pulmonary Embolism and DVT. Good chance of dying.
Recovery of the above PE and DVT (So much pain)
Infantile Epilepsy
Trips to Boston
Failure to Thrive
G-Tube Surgery
Weight Gain (Me)

Good things:

My husband: He is healthy (as far as I know) continues to be able to provide for us, is a great father and my rock. Things get rough, but we always make it through it.

My children: Sam has made improvements by leaps and bounds. No one would know he was diagnosed with plain Moderate Autism 3 years ago.  His report card was a pleasant surprise!! We are getting use to life with Type 1 Diabetes. We would rather Kailyn not to have to deal with this, but she is thriving in and out of school. Keira: The fact that she was born!! I can not imagine life without her. She is so much fun, an easy baby besides the whole epilepsy thing, and just pure joy!! Just as recently as 3 weeks ago was the last time we saw a seizure and she is now in the THRIVING category. Gaining new skills every day. We got the all clear after an upper GI yesterday to get her therapy to try and get rid of the G-Tube. We hope to see continued Physical development.

My Extended Family: We could not have made it through the above without them. We love them very much and are thankful for EVERYTHING that they have done for us.

Here's to a non-chaotic and Happy New Year!!! :)

-Kristen

No comments: