Saturday, December 4, 2010

Some Serious Christmas Preparations

Our house is decorated. Thanks to the kids. I have decided it is a kid themed Christmas and they did the decorating. (with a little direction from me ;) )We have chains linked all the way around the living room, in the playroom, Sam's room and Kailyn/Keira's room. Paintings hung in different areas too. The kids went with their grandparents to get the 'real' tree that we put on our porch and decorate for the birds today. We would have done the traditional Gingerbread house, but I decided to quit that tradition. It is way too hard to count the carbs and little fingers like to steal the candy off of the house at random times.  That was part of the fun (at least in my opinion). Last year was a mess with blood sugars out of control.  We will move back to sugar cookies (probably the precut kind) ;)
I have all the presents, stocking stuffers, wrapping paper and the cards are made. Now we just need to wrap the presents, send those card and for Christmas to come. I am usually doing all of this at the last minute, but I want to be prepared this year. "Expect the unexpected"  Kailyn was shocked I was letting them put the tree up right after Thanksgiving. She said, "I did not think you would really say yes!" lol  A lot of my time when the kids are in school goes into therapy and Doctors appointments for Keira so it will be a nice load lifted off my shoulders when everything is done. Hopefully, Grammie will make us one of her beautiful wreaths again this year ;)
What do I want for Christmas?  Tranquility for Seth and I. Joy for my children.

No comments: