Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day 2008


I have not written in a few days. Between Halloween, visiting family and being sick I have not had much time. I think I have turned a corner today. It does not hurt to swallow and I am not in constant pain. Kailyn and Sam have seemed to avoid this or have already had it. Hopefully, they won't get anything else either way. We did really well with Kailyn and Halloween. It was not the nightmare I thought it would be and we actually ended up begging her to finish her candy. She did reach the 300's on Saturday night, but that was one time. Most of the time she was within range or in the low 200's. So far her levels have been almost in range or in range at school this week too. I went in and volunteered today. Kailyn LOVES this. They certainly keep those kids busy. I remember learning a lot of the stuff they are doing in first grade in 2nd grade and most kids could not read when they started 1st grade. At the rate they are going she will be doing Algebra in 4th grade.
Sam loves going to his "new school" as he calls it and is now at home happily building blocks while relaxing and watching Little Bill on the tv. We will go to get Kailyn at 10 of 3. After I went and dropped Sam off at school, I went and voted. It was busy, but it looked like they anticipated a high turnout so they were stocked full of booths and there were no lines. I called Katie and offered to watch her kids when she got home so she could try to avoid the after work rush. Then I asked to make sure she was voting for the same people as me so I was not aiding her in wiping out my vote ;)
So, things are relatively calm and I like it that way. We are beginning to not live in a state of panic all the time, which is good for everyone in the family. Our goal for the week is to get Kailyn to school every single day. I will let you know;)

No comments: