Thursday, November 13, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRAMPA!!!

I wanted to take pictures of the kids with their cards and the books that Sam wanted to give him, but I could not find my memory card for the camera. :( Of course I found it without looking a few hours later.
Right before we read books this evening the kids called Grampa. Sam was the first caller and when Grampa picked up he said. "It you birfday" and told him about how he wanted to give him some books. Kailyn understood that we could not make a trip down to see him, but was happy to make him some cards. Sam is happy about making cards, but insisted that we were going to see Nanie and Grampa at bedtime so he could give Grampa his (Sam's) favorite books. "Go dogs go" and "Polar Bear, Polar Bear" He read the books and then was ready to go. He was not happy when I told him it was not happening. He said, "But it Grampa Birfday today"! My kids don't realize that there is not always a big party when it is someones birthday.
However, I heard that this was a big one for you Dad numbers wise and you might have gotten up a little earlier today because you were excited :) We made sure to call you before you went to bed, which is right around the time that Sam goes (6:30-7:00 pm) LOL
So, Happy Birthday Dad/Grampa!! WE love you bunches!! :)

No comments: