Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sam is so funny lately

He is having another language burst and is coming out with things I remember telling people he did not understand.
Tonight he was faking being sick and wanted to go to the Doctor with Kailyn and I so bad. He said, "My tummy hurt, my throat hurt, my head hurt". I checked his throat and it was fine so we went off while he cried. When we got home he poked his head out the door to the garage with a big grin and said, "Mommy, me not sick anymore, me not crying" Kailyn was crying at that point and whenever she is crying or misbehaving (in his opinion) he LOVES to point out that he is behaving and not crying.

We went to Nanie and Grampa's yesterday and he stayed with Nanie while I went to the Doctor. He had a great time having one on one with her. On the way down he told me, "Nanie live far away, Aunt Katie live close and we live with Grammie Grandpa". I remember telling his teacher who was asking him that question last year that he did not understand that concept. He also was telling Nanie about all the different trucks names. Specifically the difference between Monster trucks and regular ones. I did not know that he knew this. Nanie gave him a pamphlet book from one of the toys she opened up that had lots of different trucks in it. He insists that he is going to get them all and told Nanie to go to the store and buy them for him ;) Nanie also gave us a gingerbread house to make for Christmas. Sam remembered this from last year. He wanted to do it that day, but I told him we had to wait until it snows. Hopefully it won't snow until after Thanksgiving. We actually ended up doing two last year. When we got home from Nanie's he kept asking about it. I have it safely hidden away until the appropriate time.

He is doing well at both schools and has started to draw pictures that are recognizable. Today he brought home a picture that looked like a big dinosaur and he had his name prominently written on it. (He is REALLY good at writing his name now). He tried to tell me the name of it, but I had no idea because it was some sort of dinosaur. His favorite thing to do at home is to make houses out of the chairs, cushions and pillows. It takes up most of the living room and he even makes a bed. Kailyn does this with him too. They both were playing school the other day and Kailyn was teaching him about question marks, exclamation points and periods. He copied what she wrote perfectly. We are so happy for Sam. Our only sticking point is bedtime, but even tonight he went without a battle. We shall see. He makes me smile all the time.

No comments: