Monday, February 6, 2012

It's Feeding Tube Awareness Week and I Love a Tubie!!

     Just about every disability or illness has a week, a day or a month now and feeding via G-tube is not excluded. I Love A Tubie is the slogan for the online support group for people with children with G-tubes. Without these tubes people like my little Keira would not be alive. I am so happy I live during a day of modern technology. Looking from the outside you would never know that Keira is fed via G-tube. She gets 24 ozs of pedisure a day. She also eats and drinks regular food. We have tried to wean her twice, but this last time seizures started again .I can't remember why it did not work out the first time? Sometimes the details get lost in my brain.  She got a G-tube when she was diagnosed with failure to thrive due to having seizures every time she ate. She would drink her bottle as fast as she could to get enough nutrition to keep herself alive. So here is a montage they put together showing different families living with G-tubes.


 

And here is my little Tubie Right After getting the G-Tube in Oct of 2011
Nov of 2012

No comments: