Thursday, February 16, 2012

Good Moms have sticky floors. A little of everything.

Sam    
     I really LOVE how Sam says some things the wrong way or labels objects incorrectly. Yeah, I probably should always correct, but once he gets it in his head it is hard to retrain him. For instance, he keeps calling R2D2, Wall-E. He won't back down. He calls Kailyn, "Kaiyn" and his reading teacher, "The work lady". He has a hard time remembering names. So, I try, but figure at some point he will get it. Until then, I will sit back and quietly chuckle. Also, note to self: I can't do first grade homework. I tried to help him last night and we got a horrible grade!! Here is a picture of my cutie when he was two! He was such a monkey and always climbing. Just like Keira now.



Someone was talking to Keira about getting a haircut.
1. She had no idea what they are talking about.

2. Why in the heck would I get her a haircut? They acted all shocked she has never had her hair cut. Why would I?

She is totally posing in this photo ;)



Here is a picture of my Dad holding Keira right after she was born. I am putting it here so I can find it for her ABA people identification program. I actually really love it though. It's perfection in my opinion.



My philosophy in life has changed a bit in the last few years. I used to sweat the small stuff. Then I was stuck. I did not know where to go. I could not live the life that I expected. This picture sum's up how I felt. I find this picture amusing! I have found my way if you were wondering ;)


This is my new philosophy after Autism, Type 1 Diabetes, Epilepsy, G-tube feeding and a blood clotting disorder  (that resulted in two pulmonary embolism's) entered my life. Yup, my house is way messier than I ever expected, but I don't care. It's clean, just messy a ton.

And just so a pretty picture of Kailyn is not left out: At camp last summer almost 3 years after her Type 1 Diabetes diagnosis.






1 comment:

Tattered Tulips said...

great post, K! I would not cut her hair either, it's gorgeous! Love the sign too.