Monday, February 13, 2012

On a Valentines Note

     I am pretty proud of my skills of putting together a duck taped tissue box for Valentines this am.-Ha ha. I did it in 3 minutes flat. I forgot that Kailyn's class was having her Valentines party a day earlier than the actual day. We remembered right before bed the night before. Seth went out to get the last minute supplies in the am and just happened to pick up the good kind of napkins that Kailyn volunteered to bring in. They came in an almost tissue box shaped box. I took the napkins out, used her HOT pink duck tape, wrapped the whole thing in it and decorated it with hearts, peace signs, and words of happiness using a sharpie. When she saw it she said, "Cool". She also proclaimed that her box was a lot cooler than other kids. It's the little things that make your kids really happy sometimes and for you in return as well.


    I was also able to get Keira her work space for ABA (Applied Behavioral Analysis) today.  I looked and looked online, but I could not find anything made of real wood. We have already had the fake wood type of tables and they lasted a whole year. This one is made of solid pine.  We got it at the Mill Store. It's unfinished "real" wood. Now I need to stain and paint it. I also have to convince Kailyn that her chair is not going to be Hot Pink. Maybe a Red close to Hot Pink? Sam of course wants his chair to be blue and Keira's captain chair is to be determined. The captain chair was purchased on purpose to help keep her on the chair. She gets wobbly on chairs without sides.  I do plan to stencil their names on them. ;)

My accomplishments of the day. Now for that laundry pile ;)

2 comments:

amy said...

LOVE the box! Cool mom ;)

It's hard to find quality kids furniture yeeesh. I got Harps' little table/chair on a Montessori site online -- I can tell it'll last forever, but the pricetag wasn't ideal. Love the idea of painting unfinished furniture! I'm obsessed with the idea of milk paint -- have you ever heard of it?

(I think I've had too much coffee this morning type type type)...

Kristen said...

I have never heard of milk paint and have not thought beyond the fact that I want to paint it. lol I kind of like it O'Natural so we shall see. I have done a lot of painting of unfinished furniture and it really is the only stuff that lasts in this house. You will have to load your car up next time you are here. Even just going and imagining is fun ;)