Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sleep

I really do love it. I love the feeling of being well rested and I get much more done when I feel his way. I like it the most in my house out of all of us in the family, but ironically I am the one that can't fall to sleep until late at night. Sam fights it the most. He usually throws a tantrum every night. I leave the room and then he pretends to fall asleep on the floor. This is our new routine. I then pick him up, put him in the bed and he falls asleep within minutes. This morning he decided that 4am was wakeup time. I got up with him and fed him a bowl of cereal and oatmeal. We had to pick him up at school early because I knew he would be horrendous if he did not get a nap today with three hours less of sleep. So we went and got him at his developmental preschool at 12:30.
Kailyn goes to sleep reluctantly, but really loves to sleep in in the morning. This makes it hard to wake her up sometimes. I think she is going to be a night owl like me. Its hard for us to let her sleep in too late though because we are always worried about what her blood sugars are going to be. A few mornings this week she has been in the 50's upon getting up. Seth generally goes to sleep a lot later than me, but the last couple of nights has fallen asleep earlier so it feels really strange. I guess staying home with me really wears him out. :)
Hopefully I will fall asleep soon, but at least the late night comedy shows will be on soon to keep me company and Seth is in a deep enough sleep so he is not complaining about the tapping on the keyboard.

No comments: