Sunday, May 4, 2008

Our first family portrait

Not quite a portrait, but a beautiful picture nonetheless. This was the day that Samuel (currently 3 years, 8 months old) was finally going to come home. He had to stay in the hospital for 7 days because of complications from birth. Sam Bam (as we lovingly call him) had his umbilical cord wrapped around his neck 3 times and his body once. This caused him to have trouble breathing when he came out via c-section so he ended up aspirating fluid and was on oxygen. I did not get to hold him for the first day and a half of his life. I finally broke down and my Mom got the nurses to let me hold him. His oxygen levels surprisingly went to normal levels when I was holding him. I can't believe how much has happened since this picture was taken and how much my kids have grown.

No comments: