Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Getting ready for Halloween

We are busy making last minute preparations for Halloween. Tomorrow we have two parties. One at Sam's school and one at USM. Kailyn decided that she wanted to be a princess again, her fourth year in a row. She is wearing the costume that Grammie made her last year with a new hair piece and I am painting silver ballet flats from Target with Glitter Fabric Paint as I type. (Taking a break between coats) Sam is going to be a Robot. Grammie and Grandpa made the costume and it is safely being stored high away from Miley. Sam decided he wanted Robot shoes once he saw me making Kailyn some, so I guess I will be covering a pair of his sneakers with aluminum foil and duct tape after they go to bed. Then Sam has another party on Friday and the actual Trick or Treating Friday night. Kailyn has made maps of where she wants to go with neighbors names on them and has decided she wants to hit Aunt Katie's neighborhood (our old one) because she can get tons of Candy there.

Kailyn has a half day of school tomorrow and then I have a conference with her teacher in the afternoon. I am sure I won't learn anything that I don't already know. I went and spent the entire day with her on Monday. Gym class and all. Our team kicked butt playing asteroid blast (lots of fun) and when they did their running I stayed in the middle of the pack even with my clogs on. Kailyn was so proud.LOL Spending the day with her was very helpful. It let me see that it is not school causing her anxiety it is her Diabetes spilling over there. Any difference she perceives is magnified 1,000 times. I think my presence may have helped her to calm down or it may just be luck, but her blood sugar levels have been almost in range for the first time since starting school this week. (I hope I did not just jinx that) Of course, I expect them to be completely off because of Halloween now. LOL

On Saturday we hopefully will be getting together with my side of the family and will be able to meet Adam (my new nephew and Kailyn and Sam's cousin) for the first time. I say hopefully because I know that curve balls come our way often.;) My Aunt/Uncle and some cousins are flying in from Arizona for my cousins wedding on Friday night so we hope to get to see everybody. We have not seen some of them since my Grandfather's funeral. It will be good to see everyone for a happy occasion. Seth might go hunting that day. Then on Sunday we will rest in hopes that Kailyn will make it through her first full week of school next week. A busy weekend! Hope to report that all went as planned.

No comments: