Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Kailyn is over the top EXCITED

about Halloween. She is making her own costume with the help of Grammie. She is going to be a butterfly for the actual trick or treating and a princess again for a party we are going to at USM. The USM athletes and the Rec department sponsor it and it is supposed to be pretty good. She asks me every day how many days until the party and Halloween. I will bring our carb book to the party. She gets 15 free grams at night and anything over needs to be treated with insulin. They said it has free food and drink. We have not been very many places where we have had to guesstimate. We need to figure out all the carbs for every candy we can think of and how we are going to do this. In the past I have let them eat the Candy until they were full that night and then slowly threw it away.(Gone in a couple of days) I am not going to be able to let them do it this year. So, Seth and I will have our assigned kid and make sure Kailyn does not eat anything until we decide what she is going to eat and how much insulin she needs. We also need to make sure she does not sneak Candy. She kept sneaking frosting off of Seth's cake the other day.LOL A little bit is ok, but a lot is not. I think we are going to let her eat one piece of Candy when we are out and about so she is not deprived of the experience, but will make her and Sam both wait until we get home to eat a bunch of it. Good thing the next day is a Saturday.
Sam does not seem to be over the top excited like Kailyn and I think he vaguely remembers it. He is going to be a robot and has the voice down pat. It is so cute. I think he will catch on quickly after the first house though.;) He also has a party at school and only one parent is bringing the food. The Mom with the kid who has a peanut allergy. She apparently does not trust the other parents to not bring products that contain peanuts. Oh well, less work for me to do. :)

2 comments:

Erica said...

I know you'll probably post them anyway, but just in case, I'm making a request for Halloween pictures.

kristen said...

uh yeah, we only take a couple of million so I will try. LOL