Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sam Loves his new preschool

He is still iffy on his "old school" as he calls it, but he is loving the fact that I am taking him in in the morning and playing with him for a bit before I leave him there for the day. The new school, he can't get in there fast enough.LOL Today they went to Story Time at the library and got to look at town equipment. Snowplows and trucks. He was very excited about that. After I picked him up from the Library we went over to Aunt Katie's to visit Nanie, Kyleigh and Graham. They were all very excited to see each other and I was happy to get some kisses in.
Kailyn is doing a bit better with transitioning to school because I walk her in and put her supplies (which are kind of heavy) in the teachers closet behind her desk. She puts everything in there so that no one can take it "by accident" and it is safe. This is her lunch box, her diabetes bag and her diabetes log. I get Kailyn all set up at her desk and then leave. She loves it. She has been running very high during the day at school (the nurse just called and she was at 409)and woke up hypoglycemic this morning. This means we are going to have to get up a couple of times tonight to check her glucose levels. Its not ok to wake up a 61 and very not ok for her to be running high all the time. She has not tested positive for keytones yet, but runs the risk of it if she continues. We think we get her levels figured out and then her pancreas decides to mess everything up again. She is definately still in the so called "Honeymoon" period.
Apparently, Kailyn did not realize that she would have Diabetes for the rest of her life. I have told her before, but it apparently did not sink in. I also tell her that they are looking for a cure, but we don't know exactly when it will happen. We were looking at pumps and all the cool skins for them. I am trying to get her excited about getting one. I said, "wouldn't it be easier to have the insulin just put in you instead of getting all those shots for the rest of your life" and she said, "I am going to have Diabetes forever?" I can't even describe the look on her face.

No comments: