Saturday, October 11, 2008

We made it through our first sleepover.

Kailyn has not gone anywhere without us. Play dates are not possible because only people who are trained in how to give glucagone and treat diabetes can take her. Besides Seth and I that leaves us with Nanie and Grammie as the only two trained to do this. Up until now I have not wanted her more than a few feet from me or gone for a few hours. I tolerate her going to school because she has to go and I am starting to get confidence in the school again so I don't worry as much.
Kailyn has been begging for a month to have a sleepover at her Grammie and Grandpa's like she had done quite a few times pre-Diabetes and we finally agreed on a date. It was last night. She was feeling ok and her levels were somewhat ok last week. However, she was so excited yesterday her levels were all over the place. (and still are as of this am) She made it through the night after I went over and layed with her until she fell asleep at 10pm. It sounds like it was a success because they are now going on a nature walk and will be back in by 11 am.
Last night Seth and I got to go out to dinner for the first time since July. It was an early birthday present from his parents. Before July it had been Christmas time. We tried in April, but Seth got sick. We went to Margaritas and got to talk for a long time last night without any interruptions or Chaos going on. It felt weird, but it was nice. It reminded me that we don't talk very often, just live. Hopefully our life will become less chaotic as we get used to Diabetes and we will have more time for adult talk again.
We are waiting for Labs to come back that we had drawn on Wednesday. They are testing her for Celiacs, Thyroid among other things because she still has stomach aches and headaches. I am hoping it is just anxiety, but even if it is just that I need to zone in on that and get her feeling less anxious. She did better this week at school and made it through the whole week, but still has a way to go. She threw up one morning before school and had several stomach aches before school as well. We wish we could take school out of the equation, but Seth and I know we can't keep her in a bubble and she needs to learn how to deal with some anxiety. We are trying to control what we can in the mean time.
Which leads me to my last bit of info. My Mom is taking over the care of Kyleigh and Graham. I love them to pieces and will miss them very much (already do), but I need to concentrate on my kids and getting our lives in order. It was a hard job taking care of them before, but I was up to the challenge and loved doing it. However, I can't take care of my own kids needs and take care of them. The morning is chaotic with them all, I am on the phone 6 times a day with the nurse and I have to go to the doctor all the time with BOTH kids.(Sam is having his own issues). If I had any other job I would have had to quit immediately to care for Kailyn. Her and Sam are very demanding right now. Not that they were easy before, but triple time now. Hopefully within the next few months I can get my kids into a good groove, my house organized and overall get us to start to feel like a put together family again. But for right this minute, Grammie just called on her cell and I need to go down and let the kids in because Kailyn is Hypoglycemic for the second time today.

1 comment:

Nanie said...

We love you very much!
Mom and Dad