Thursday, October 30, 2008

The USM Gorham Community Halloween Party


I wish I had taken my camera now. But, I will next year. The kids had their first pony rides and apple from a string experience. It was donuts when I was little, but now that putting apples in water is considered a health risk, you can't do that anymore. So, they put apples on a string. Of course, there was candy everywhere. The kids made their own bags and collected some in them. We did a great job of keeping Kailyns levels under control. She had a ton of candy and when we got home her level was an 86. Hopefully, we can do the same tomorrow. They also went in a bouncy house, got their faces painted, played a game of plunco and went on a hayride around USM. It was COLD on the hayride and the tractor went FAST! They had a haunted house, but I heard people coming out of it saying it was too scary for little kids so we skipped it. Kailyn begged, but she is just like me and can't handle scary. We saw a ton of Kailyn's friends and people we know. The Gorham Rec dept and USM Athletes put on a really great party and the kids can't wait for next year. This is the first year that they have been old enough and there was no school the next day for Kailyn. Sam had a school party today and has one tomorrow. Apparently, it is not PC in Gorham to celebrate Halloween so no party at school for Kailyn. That is why I wanted to get her out to do something else fun for Halloween. Here are a few pics of them in their costumes:





1 comment:

Heather said...

great costumes! i love your kiddos!