Tuesday, October 7, 2008

We have made it to school

for the second day in a row. Kailyn got to go to walk run for the first time because she met the recess duty teacher in charge and they put the procedure in place. She was hesitant to go on the playground at first, but I showed her all the adults and that she could tell any of them if she was dizzy and she finally went off. She has told me that she is too scared to tell adults she does not know that she is dizzy. I went and parked right next to the playground afterwards and the kids and I watched her until she went into school. (5 minutes) I wanted to see what happened because she has expressed a lot of anxiety about recess.(mommy stalker lol) She ran and found some friends right away and seemed to play happily with them. I could see the smiling. They are a bit bigger than she is (a full head taller)so they can run faster than her. I can see what she is talking about when she says she can't keep up, but she finds them again fast with a smile still on her face. Despite the anxiety she still really seems to enjoy school.
We are going to stop soccer and dance. Going to school is a feat for us right now. Her stomach pains at school were horrible last week and she barely ate while there. She had none on the weekend and ate like a champ. She does not like jazz because it is too hard or ballet because none of her friends are in the class. We are trying to alleviate any anxiety that we can control because there is a lot that we can't. All we can do is talk her through it and let her know that we are there for her.
Sam has made it to both schools so far this week too. We have a visual schedule that seems to help. He still said he did not want to go, but I had them call when he was ok and it took him all of 2 minutes to get settled yesterday and just a little tugging on me today.
Kyleigh, on the other hand, insists that we are staying at Sam's school. Takes her jacket off and then pouts when I put it back on. She begrudgingly goes down the stairs to the car. The teacher and I both tell her "next year".LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
LaNae's mom again, just want you to know you are in my prayers,
Nancy