Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Kailyn made it to school

for 1 1/2 hours today and won't be going tomorrow. We were seriously late because of her brother. He had a major meltdown because I would not do things in a certain order before we left. This is where the Autism shows up still. If we start to do something in a particular pattern he insists on doing it in that patten and it gets worse. We have to stop the pattern from happening in the first place, which in turn causes a meltdown. Todays meltdown resulted in us being an hour late for both schools. I could not get him in his seat and when I did he we get out while I was driving so I had to pull over and get him back in again. Kicking, hitting, screaming and crying. We finally made it to school and he apparently had a wonderful day. Grammie picked him up for me. I could not bring Kailyn to school first because I could not bring Sam in the building so I could sign her in.
Once we got him to school I brought Kailyn in and helped her catch up with the handwriting that they were working on. Once handwriting was done it was time for snack. I got her blood checked, gave her her insulin and checked her ketones because her sugar levels were above 240. She ate her snack and then I left.
I got into the house and decided to lie down for 15 minutes before I tackled the things I needed to do for the day. One of those things was baking a cake for Seth. Well, I got my 15 minutes and then I got a call from the school that Kailyn had a stomach ache and a fever and I had to come and get her. I knew she was getting a little cold, but if I kept my kids home for every little cold they would never go.
Around 2:30 I decided I needed to do something about our cake situation so I got Grandpa to watch Kailyn while I went to the grocery store and bought one. Kailyn was planning one of her famous birthday parties so it had to be done. (It's Seth's birthday today) Glad we have Grammie and Grandpa next door to help out in these situations. Maybe Kailyn will make it to a whole day of school on Friday??( I won't get my hopes up), which reminds me, we still need to sign the 504 and IHP plans.

No comments: