Monday, June 14, 2010

2nd grade send off

It was an ambush.  I guess they call it that so parents don't make a big deal about it. However, you show up, get a program and the children all get recognized with bell cords and then sing a song called "Friends Forever".  I am not a teary kind of person, but this one put tears in my eyes. They sang it excitedly and knew it like the back of their hands.  A very funny aspect to the ceremony was that two of the 7 teachers were Seth's when he went through the school system.  One was his second grade teacher and the other his third grade teacher.  He never mentions these things until he sees them. :)  I wonder if they intentionally do not give Kailyn to any of the teachers he had? lol Of course, I was not prepared and ended up NOT bringing my camera. Heck, I am lucky we got the four of us in the car and there on time.
I want Kailyn to move on because she is ready academically, but her support system at Narragansett is unbelievable and her teacher this year was exceptionally phenomenal.  Seriously, you can not get better than her. I wish I could package her up and send her off to Village School with the 2nd graders.  Her and her nurse.  I won't be going to the school as much with Sam there because he is rarely sick. Maybe I should tell him to fake sick so that Mrs. Greatorex and I can shoot the breeze at least a few times next year?  The excellent news is that both the nurse and Mrs.Carlson are going to Village school in a year when the new Gorham School Systems reconfiguration kicks in to three K-5 schools.  I just wish that it would kick in this year so we did not have to lose Mrs. Greatorex for a whole year.  She has gotten us through some really rough days and you could not get any better care for your child than her. She is superb.
Tomorrow we find out who the kids will have for teachers next year.  There is only one K teacher I would rather Sam not have, but if he gets her we will hope for the best.  For Kailyn ,I told Mrs. Carlson I want a teacher JUST like her. lol  I have been told that all of the third grade teachers are good so I am not worried. Plus, I have NO clue who any of them are. No info on the teacher=no anxiety for me.
So, Wednesday is the day I am officially a Kindergarten and 3rd grade parent and our summer of  fun begins. Swimming lessons, Vacation Bible School (yes you read that correctly), Basketball Camp, Visits to Nanie's beach, Camp at China Lake, Swimming in our pool and playing on the new play set and Play dates.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the new design! I can't believe she's a 3rd grader already!

Anonymous said...

You really did it this time!! You literally brought me to tears!!! I am going to miss her so much, especially her giggle.

She is so excited today. She's on her way to Village School right now. At least I'll have Sam next year and then eventually Kiera. We'll have a few more years together!

It's been great getting to know you and your family. You're so lucky to have parents near by. I only live up the hill if you run into a jam! Fondly, Beth

Beth said...

I don't know what I did wrong - I didn;t mean it to be anonymous!