Monday, June 28, 2010

Houston, I think we have a compromise.

We have been talking about the inevitable with Kailyn for a long time. Her sister is going to share her room with her.  She has big dreams of moving into our room, but I am not sure if it will ever happen.  She even made a king size bed in the middle of the room over the garage and said that her father and I could sleep there.  All we would need to do is put some wood up and get a rug and we would be good to go. LOL
We could make the playroom into a bedroom, but no one wants to move down there.  They are more than willing to let Keira have that room (willing to throw her to the wolves), but I am not too keen on having my baby on a different floor than me.  She sleeps next to me in a Pack and Play now. Moving a room over would be the first and only logical step.(for me at least)  
So, Kailyn and I were looking at Bunk Beds.  She, of course, wants the one for $1,000 from the Pottery barn. We get those lovely magazines all the time and I oooh and ahhh at them as the kids shout out what they want.(in their dreams)   Well, today I decided to check out the Ikea website.  We are about 2.5-3 hours from the nearest store, but from what I hear, it is well worth it to go.  Even if you just go to look.  Kailyn balked at the metal frames at first and said she liked the Pottery Barn ones much better until she stumbled upon this:


Its a double bed loft with a desk and a full shelf above the desktop. (hard to see) All we would need to get is a chair (in her words) I also told her we would need to get a mattress. Here is a link: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S59872897
She could keep all of her belongings under her bed and have even more storage for knick knacks under the desk. Kailyn likes her "stuff".   Keira would not be allowed to store anything over there and would use the bed and shelf Kailyn uses now and the desk would go into Sam's room.  They both would have their own dressers as well.  There would be a virtual line on the floor in the room and in the closet.  Keira would have to cross Kailyn's line to get to her side of the room, but I am sure Kailyn will let her have an easement.  Sounds fantastic to Kailyn for now and I probably will get the usual "I don't want to share my room" with the new plan in the morning.  However, we will do our best to make sure she still has her space and I think this is a wonderful idea she came up with.  I think telling her it is made in Switzerland was the icing on the cake. ;)

No comments: