Thursday, June 24, 2010

ME:"You can not bring guns (pretend ones) to church Sam"

SAM: "Why can't me bring guns to church?"  ME: "Because God does not like you to shoot people with guns"  SAM: "Dis is not a gun, Dis is a phone" ME: "You can't bring it to Bible school no matter what it is"  SAM: "Oh, I didn't know dat" "I shoot da bad guys with the gun and God does not like the bad guys"  ME: "You are not allowed to have a gun or shoot bad guys, only police can and they try to bring them to jail first".  SAM: "Dis is a phone, I no want to talk about guns anymore."  ME: "breathing a sigh of relief" 

He made a gun out of some plastic connector toys we have and has been playing some sort of bad guy game with Kailyn. Pretty sure this has been brought on by the Toy Story movies they have recently seen in anticipation of seeing Toy Story 3.  I guess I am going to have to drill in what is real and what is pretend with guns.  This has been a very abstract week for him and I have a lot of explaining to do to help him understand what is real and pretend. Between Toy Story and Vacation Bible School I think he is a little confused.  He asked me if "The Real Housewives of New York" was real while he walked through the room. I said yes. If he catches me watching the RHNJ I will tell him they are not real.  I guess that's a start. lol

No comments: