Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My baby is sick

She was up crying all but 5 hours last night.
Had a fever that reached 103.3 degrees
Eyes are very runny and she is all stuffed up.
I took her to the doctor and she did not find any outward signs
of a reason for such a high temp. In a baby as young as her
they like to check for a UTI just in case and if you are not
up to date on your vaccines then they give them IV's and
take blood. (Keira had a bad reaction to the Prevnar vaccine so we are waiting on that one)
I am pretty sure she just has a virus, but to help
cover the Doctors tracks and mine (just in case) we did the
blood work.  I am pretty sure Keira was baby swearing
at one of the phlembotomists while they were doing it.
She was looking right at her and doing her baby talk while crying.
I am willing to bet she has the same illness that Kailyn had last week that made us (I mean her) miserable. Sam had it, but you could barely tell.Pretty sure we will get a call saying they found nothing tomorrow.
Oh well, welcome to the medical world Keira.

No comments: