Monday, June 28, 2010

We are spoiled

We get yummy home baked meals from Grammie a couple days a week.  This is very helpful because I am still recovering from child birth(yes, I know, she is 8 months old). Right now we get a fish and a Mexican meal just about every week. Tonight was beef Enchilada's from a Mexican cooking light magazine with corn on the cob and rice and beans.  Keira had her first stab at rice and beans tonight and LOVED them.  This was after she begrudgingly ate sweet potatoes with rice in it because she was so hungry. She has had plain rice, but not with beans mixed in. Now that she has had crackers and other things she demands to have the good stuff.  I swear she was using her own sign today to tell me she wanted crackers and not the sweet potatoes. She kept looking at me opening and closing her thumb and finger just like she does when I give her a cracker. Once she gets that pincher grasp down I see almost no baby food going into her mouth. (If any)  Right now she is staring down her Daddy's Shipyard Summer Ale. Sorry, its not happening kid!!!
Thanks for all the yummy food Grammie!!!

1 comment:

Nanie said...

You are indeed spoiled. Susan and Jock are wonderful to all of you.