Friday, September 12, 2008

Alright, I can safely say we have

made it through the day without pain. At least at home. She claims that she had pain at school, but only in her foot. I will take it. Yesterday was the worst I have ever seen her. She was in the hospital for 2 days and never acted that way. She was doubled over from pain in the stomach and spitting because she felt like she was going to throw up. If she could not walk around or fall asleep we were going to the ER. She did not meet my ER criteria (thankfully), but it was not fun trying to console her for 4 hours through pain. Oh, and Sam wanted everything that she wanted on top of it. She fell asleep, slept through the night (except for me poking her for BG levels and woke up with low sugars and continued with mostly low sugar until her bedtime snack tonight.
We went to the doctor this morning.(I called 15 minutes before 5pm to make the appointment the night before) and of course she was her happy old self jumping around with smiles and feeling great. We decided not to do the labs until she is done her antibiotics to see if the Lyme's/antibiotics are causing the pain all over the place and will do a test for giardia (sp?) and something else I am not sure of in the meantime.(I don't think she has either)
I had to pick her up at school for the first time today because of low blood sugars. (If she is at a certain level she is not allowed on the bus) She was waiting in a chair next to the nurses office. She had a plastic bag full of water and one of those little sponges that only expands in warm water waiting patiently for her animal to reveal itself. She got a cow/bull/moose. She calls it little cow and has been bringing it around the house and had it take a bath with her. (It looks like a bull to me and Sam keeps calling it a moose). Kailyn told me she wants low blood sugars all the time now so she can get a collection of these little sponges. I told her I don't think so!! Although, I thought this was a great little trick for Mrs. Greaterex to use for kids who have to wait. It took me 15 minutes total to call Grammie and for her to get over here and then me get to the school. Kailyn asked what took me so long and we left right when her bus left. LOL

1 comment:

Heather said...

i'm sorry kailyn wasn't feeling well, but glad she is better now.

what a great idea to give the children the little animal thingies.