Saturday, September 20, 2008

Tomorrow is the big day!! The walk for a cure!!

I am nervous and excited all in one. I have never done a walk let alone organized a team to walk. We have 8 members. One is not going since she just had a baby and had him way later than she expected ;) Kailyn was going to go, but she has been sick with a cold and her sugar numbers are all over the place. (40-400's). She has never been in the 400's with us :( I use to walk Back Bay all the time with Kailyn when she was a baby and I know how windy it can get (cold). If she makes a huge turn around by tomorrow and it is as warm as they predict she will go. (we will bring a stroller) Otherwise, Daddy may drive around and play the game, try to find Mommy, Nanie, Aunt Katie and friends. (The walk takes around an hour).

I told Kailyn about the walk and how many people cared about her and contributed to help find a cure for diabetes. She was so excited. She is 6 and totally understood. She made me read the list of everyone that has contributed and I had to explain who everyone was. I also let her know of people that were not on the list that contributed via other team members.

Thank you to all that have contributed, it means so much to our family and especially Kailyn. The smile on her face was priceless. I will let you all know the total Team Kailyn raised tomorrow after we walk.

If you have not contributed and still want to there is still time. Just click the link to the right above with a sneaker. :)

No comments: