Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Went to the Diabetes Counselor today

To see if Kailyn and the family are dealing with the diagnosis OK. I did not think we needed to go, but Doctor Jerry is all into counseling and would be all over us if we did not go. She asked a ton of personal questions. Seth was worried about what they were going to ask.(He knows too much about social workers) I told him I would be sure to tell them that he drank a twelve pack a day and only smoked wacky tobaccy a few times a week.LOL (I am just joking for people who don't know what LOL means) She basically decided that Kailyn is doing great and that the family is doing as well as it can based on getting a new diagnosis. We have not noticed a change in behavior. She actually acts better now. We are not complete wrecks, but are tired and want things to calm down a little. I enjoy my boring life. (If that makes any sense) Her sugar levels were all over the map today. 59-360. I can't stand that. I had the nurse analyze her data while we were there and she said that overall she was doing well and things like this will happen.(So just deal and get use to it) It was not the answer I was looking for. I want them to tell me to do this or that and then her levels will be OK. That is the most frustrating thing about this disease, you can do everything perfectly and still have everything go wrong.
Even though her levels were off she had a great day and that is the MOST important thing. That Kailyn do her normal activities and feel like a normal first grade child.

She says she has a new best friend at school named Hailey and wants a sleep over.(not going to happen she is too little) Maybe Hailey can come over if I meet her parents at some point. Apparently her, Hailey, Britney and Mckenzie and maybe another girl are all Cheetah girls at recess now. Kailyn got some leopard print PJ's from her Grammie today and said she wanted more clothes like that. Oh boy, here comes a new obsession!! LOL

No comments: