Thursday, September 11, 2008

Kailyn had her First Ballet and Jazz classes

at the new center. We have gone to two others. Her last one was great, but it was in Westbrook. Kailyn loved both classes even though it did not look like it. She knew a bunch of the girls and a few are in her class at school. Grammie took her last night and then I met her a little later because things are hectic at that time of day, but I may be able to do it once our routine gets going. No pictures. You are not allowed in the room. (Although I went in several times) I think they have peek weeks. Kailyn came out during Ballet and said she was dizzy. Her levels were low (70) so she was good at recognizing the signs. I gave her juice and she went off again. Did fine for most of Jazz class and then fell and bumped her head, came out crying and wanted to go home. She said she was tired. I know she was because it was close to 7pm and she has not been getting enough sleep lately. Her sugar levels were fine. She also came out a few times complaining about pain in legs and feet. I wish that would just go away.I told her if she felt pain to just sit down and watch. Not sure if she did because I was not in there. I brought her back in after the falling incident and we watched the last 5 minutes together.

Her teacher for Jazz is super nice. We actually went to tumbling together when Kailyn and her little girl were babies. She came over and told Kailyn how well she was doing and just in general gave her a great pep talk. I could tell that she understood that Kailyn has been through a lot in the last 5 weeks and was doing her best to just be a normal little girl even though she has the diabetes and the pain.

Kailyn was impressed with the fact that she could do a headstand, but sad that she could not do a cartwheel. She felt better when I told her that I had to practice for WEEKS in Nanie's living room to do a cartwheel. (I did not tell her that I don't think I ever actually did one at that age) I was able to do a round up at some point, but never a cartwheel. I am not sure I have ever done a head stand so she is one up on me there already.;) When we were walking down the stairs leaving I asked her if she had fun and she enthusiastically said yes and then I asked if she wanted to go back she said yes again. So, even though things were not smooth sailing she loved it.

Today she is exhausted (all the kids actually are), but she has not complained about pain. I am very hopeful that this means it is going away. I told the nurse to let me know, but I guess she only had pain in her foot at school yesterday so it seems to be getting better. Lets cross our fingers. I am also hoping that she will start to settle down and will go to sleep at her normal 7:30-8:00 soon. Even though we put her to bed she can't settle down until 9 or 10 and this is not helping things.

I just got an e-mail and a 504 meeting is scheduled now. :)

No comments: