Thursday, August 14, 2008

A few funny/ happy moments from today

Kyleigh always makes me laugh especially since her language is blossoming and she comes out with new things every day.
Today I was laying with her to get her to go to sleep for her nap and Graham was in the pack n play being relatively quiet and almost getting ready to sleep. Kyleigh said to me "Graham loud, he annoying me" I am chuckling even just typing it.LOL She said it twice and I did all I could so she would not see me laugh. She kept hearing the kids downstairs too and would say. "I be right back" Meaning, I am leaving because I hear the kids playing and I don't want to take a nap.

I read Sam his books before bed tonight he picked out "I Spy" and "Brown Bear Brown Bear". He was able to find all the items in the books without help and got almost all the animals and the right colors. I am in still in shock every day with how rapidly his development is coming along now. Last year at this time he could not talk.

Kailyn apparently wanted to talk about some deep stuff tonight when I was laying with her before she went to bed. First she asked me if we had tornado's in Maine,(they had one in NH recently so I think this sort of worries her) then she asked how they were formed. I told her I did not know and we would have to get a book from the library to find out. Then she went on to explain that she saw a book in the library that showed how monkies turned into people over time. (Evolution I am assuming) This was from a child that was extremely overtired. I told her we could talk about creationism and evolution at another time. LOL She finally passed out around 8pm.

Today Graham and I worked on eating saltine crackers. He got more crackers on him than in him, but boy did he have a great time. He refused to let me help him eat them and wanted to do it all on his own. I HAD to help him though because he would take too big of bites. When I did this he would yell at me. LOL He was quite a mess when he was done.
So pretty much a good day all in all. :)

1 comment:

Nanie said...

Glad you had a good day. I love the stories about the kids. Makes me smile!
Love you, Mom