Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Soccer Camp Excitement

Both kids are doing a soccer camp from 6-7:30 pm with a British company every night this week. I have to wash and dry the outfit they wear every day because we were not going to spend any more money than we had to on this because like I said, it only lasts a week.

Anyway, they have been bugging me for their uniforms since noon time to put on. They are now finally out back in full gear playing soccer with their Daddy and it is only 3pm. We will take the shirts off for dinner so they won't get ruined before camp.

The first evening of camp went perfectly. Sam did awesome. He blended in with all the other three year olds and was able to follow most directions and followed the cues from the other kids if he did not know what the instructions were. There was one moment when my heart sank because the instructors told the kids not to listen to them during a game and if they did they would have to go back to the beginning. Sam did not understand this and the coach asked him to give her five and he did so she sent him back to the beginning. The great part about him not understanding was that it did not phase him when he went back to the starting line. It hurt Mommy more than him. LOL
Kailyn did not pass out from low blood sugar levels (this worries me the most in regards to her having diabetes). This of course is a worst case scenerio, but I was still worried about it (because that is what Mommies do) She has not done this much activity since her diagnosis and we were worried about giving her the right amount of insulin at dinner to cover all the extra activity. We brought Grandpa Jock along to keep an eye on Kailyn at all times. That way Seth and I could go between both kids and watch them both. He did a great job (Thank you Grandpa), but now we feel confident that we can do it alone tonight. I will post pictures later. My battery on my camera died right when we got at the field yesterday so I did not get any pictures.

No comments: