Sunday, August 31, 2008

The excitement NEVER ends around here.

We just got home from the ER.(We were there for 3.5 hours) Kailyn is now being treated for Lyme's disease. She had a fever, complained of a sore throat, was acting unusually tired, and just did not look like herself. She actually took a nap (never ever does this) and then I noticed bulls eye rashes on her legs late this afternoon. I called the on call doc and they said that since she had Diabetes we needed to start treatment right away. So its two weeks of antibiotics twice a day for Kailyn now. We will be getting our yard and beyond sprayed for ticks and the kids will be wearing long sleeve clothing and doused in deet from now on. At least Kailyn's was caught really early. It took 5 weeks of misery for them to figure out what was wrong with me.

2 comments:

Nanie said...

Sorry Honey, You didn't need this on top of everything else.
Glad you caught this early!
Give Kailyn kisses from Nanie!
I am here for you!
Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Kristen,
I am so sorry you have one more portion heaped onto your already overflowing plate.
Please let me know if I can do anything.
I love the camping pictures and Kyleigh's haircut is adorable!
Jayme