Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My Sweet Angel Kailyn

Did well today. We had one really low blood sugar reading of 53, but she was the one that alerted us to it.(her recognizing the signs is REALLY important) She told us she was dizzy and had to sit down. She was putting on a fashion show of her new school clothes and said it must have been too much work.LOL We think it was because she did not drink the apple juice we had given her insulin for.
Nanie came up today, which was a big help. She got to come and see Sam's school, Stayed in the car with Graham and Kyleigh while Kailyn and I ran into the diabetes clinic to get supplies, bought Kailyn new sneakers for school and then watched the kids while I went to Hannaford to get basic foods and my prescription filled. I rarely if EVER take the kids to the store.
Then Kailyn had her hypoglycemic episode so Nanie held Graham so I could take care of that. Things certainly do get hectic around here sometimes and I hope that the Doctors are right that at the three week mark we will be pros. I will call in her blood glucose numbers tomorrow to see if we need to do any medication adjustment.

No comments: